Mark 10:42-45

It is very often in my life were service is not the number one thing in my life. I believe myself works very well when I know what to do, it is really not hard for me to be obedient and work faithfully; doing things unto the Lord, trying not to expect any reward or word affirmation from someone. What is hard for me are the spontaneous service opportunities when I am doing something or I am “busy”. My heart doesn’t not always answer in a correct way. I don’t like that feeling and I believe Jesus wants to change that in me and make me more like Him. In these verses of Mark, He makes it clear we must serve others and be their servant. Greatness is found in laying down my life. Sometimes for me greatness equals to a position or achieving something, just to make me feel good. This is so selfish of me, at that moment I am evading who Jesus is. Pride grows and little by little He could start to have a second place in my heart. For me I don’t want to live my life any more, I want to be in His will every day and in every decision allowing Him to receive all the glory and honor if ever I get to have success or not. I believe that the desire to be His servant is an honorable ambition, but the true greatness, true leadership, is found in giving myself in service to others, not in inducing others to serve you to achieve what I want. True service is never without cost. There is a cross waiting for me to be taken every day where I can surrender my own life and come after Him as my only desire. A cross hurts, it is not pleasurable; but if I look for my life and pleasure I will lose it, it is far more better to live for others and actually live rather than live for me and die. My focus needs to be on the service I can render to God and other people, not on the perks of a holy title. Aim to put more into life than take out.

Application:

Check other chores if they are done, and help.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19