Luke 21:19

While I was thinking of standing still, a soldier was illustrated in my mind. When a superior calls a soldier to stand still, the soldier must leave whatever he is doing and come up firming his body. Then he has an attitude of listener, because the superior surely has something important to say. After the superior finishes his command, the soldier must wait until he has permitted to “relax”. 

We can take certain points out of this illustration. The soldier has attitudes of obedience, service, and discipline. Jesus is our chief in command and we are his soldiers, we have to fight for souls. As any soldier, we need to look sharp and in shape. Otherwise we are going to die. We shall seek Jesus daily to know him more and delight ourselves in Him; so that our faces can reflect Him. Our ears need to be sensible to His voice, in a battle of so much noise and action, confusing a command from a different source will have terrible consequences. Our most important weapon is His word, sharper than two blades; to receive His word and to have abundantly fruit we need a humble heart. 

Jesus will be constantly calling us, asking us to stand still and listen for what He wants to say. But if we are not in service or moving He can’t steer us. Just as a parked car, you can’t change its direction until it is in motion. Shadrac, Meshach, Abednego weren’t afraid of the blazing furnace, because they knew that the God they serve can save them. Jesus is before us, but the question is: are we serving him? Service shows our commitment and conviction in Him. 

For a very long time I ran away of commitment. I didn’t want to serve, I liked people to share the gospel to me, to share with me what they had received from the Lord. Now I know, that my purpose is to make disciples. So I will get in shape to fight the good battle of faith. 

Application:

Pray before I run in the next 2 days. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1