Isaiah 64:6-8


Throughout my life, prayer has been weak and a hard thing to understand for me. I prayed just as a task and didn’t shared my heart to God. During this time, God is calling me to improve in my prayer life. As I have been learning, it is not my actions and my attempts that make the way to God; He is the way, truth, and life. Not even me who is looking for me first, it is Jesus who never gets tired nor stops looking after me. All I need to do and respond to his loving call. During the last months, in my walking with Christ, He has been taking me higher and deeper. I believe, this season is about praying. In these verses, there was no one who stood up and come before the Lord, to cry out to Him and plead for His mercy. They didn’t react and search God, even though they were in sin and not pleasing the Lord. As them, my prayer is shallow and mediocre. In the book of Acts, they were sent to pray and ministry the word. It means that is half part of the work giving ministry the power to do it. But we most of the times fall very short in it. I am one… I have found that praying equals hard work. Takes more denying of myself than anything else. Starting from the morning, waking up can be easy some days but others hard. I can go acting without asking for God’s will, and making decisions without His approval. Even in relationships, a good friend is someone who prays for you and I have found myself wanting friends, but if I want a friend I must first be one. God has this season because He is preparing me for something that is coming, through prayer, being watchful and available to Him; He is going to pour in me what I need and build me up. He is the potter and I am the clay… but it takes from me to let Him work on me. If I don’t set time to pray for me, family, people in ministry, ministry itself, and His promises; is going to be hard to see His will be done. I have organized myself, and set some rules to cultivate a private prayer life.

Application:
Do my daily prayer schedule. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19