1 Timothy 6:6-10


School for me was the way, I thought, to success in life. It would provide of a title with which I could afford a job and start to live an independent life. I wanted to be a business man and entrepreneur, with the idea of getting rich and provide well for my family. Give my kids better opportunities than the ones I had when I was younger. In my heart, I didn’t have that great desire for big amounts of money, I believed that money could be the means to bless other people too. But my contentment was to hold enough money for my family and others. Coming to IGNITE and having my life transformed, my mindset changed. It is not my dreams and will anymore, but Jesus’ life and what He wants for me. Before I wanted to build my kingdom and businesses, now I want to be a faithful servant for His kingdom. And the question on how does a servant needs to live started to sound in my head. I am not completely sure that God wants me to marry, but if He does, my questions on how to provide for them as His servant came to me. My faith instead of being in God started to drift into myself. Business ideas were being built in my mind, looking for the ways into have something good to give to my family. I desired assets and wealth, because living as a missionary is something new to me and I don’t know how does it look like at all. After reading what Paul says to Timothy, my heart was moved and everything made more sense. My eyes were set back into heavenly things, as for the assets that I could get will stay on earth or be destroyed. Serving God and surrendering my life for Him will have harvest in heaven. The desire for wealth brought me fear and doubt, forgetting about who God is and all His power. He will always take care for me, and if I get to have food and clothing I am more privileged than millions of people in the world.

Application:
Surrender my dreams and desires in a letter to Him.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19