John 8:58

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Jehovah comes from the same Hebrew root as I AM, and have equivalent meanings. My past and future are now for Him: the eternal one who is beginning and the end. The special revelation which this name gives is that of the grace of God. “I am” – unfinished, He is saying, “I AM whatever My people need,” I can bring various needs. It is under my responsibility now to turn my eyes to Him, whenever I am in a difficult situation. He not only supplies our need, but He becomes Himself the fulfillment of our need. Every circumstance is out of my hands. There is no thing I can do in my own strength or fleshly intentions. Several times I can think that it is me who is meeting God, but it is the other way around. He seeks me, He is the bread seeking the hungry, joy the sorrow, whole to where something was broken, healing to sickness, and so on.. just as waters always seek the lowest depths in order to fill them, where there is need there is God. In John 16:24, He opens the door for me to come to ask Him openly. It has been an eye opening to know this mystery or revelation. I remember reading in A. W. Tozer’s book The Pursuit of God: “The man who has God for his treasure has all things in One. Source of all things he has in One all satisfaction, all pleasure, all delight. Whatever he may lose he has actually lost nothing, for he now has it all in one, and he has it purely, legitimately and forever.“ But knowing that He is my treasure and adding the knowledge that He is the great “I AM”, there is no reason why I need to look into myself, other people or other things to fulfill my needs. Jesus’ grace is so amazing that during this time of few doubts or personal trials, I have found my God who is saying: “My son I am thy portion, I am thy strength, I am thy joy”, and in every time I know God deeper and deeper. 

Application: 

Read Psalm 103

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19