John 15:1-10

As I involve in service and ministry more and more, I start to pursue for success or to look after the results of certain attitudes and acts. In a certain way, I can set my mind into the things I want or those that are convenient. Drawing myself, little by little, away from the True vine. Jesus in this chapter reveals to us that He is the TRUE vine. There have been some days where I purposefully decide to be the vine, I pour my own strength, my own love, and my own effort. In the end of the day, I only see burden and weight upon me. I stood out from my position of a branch and decided to be the vine, but He reminds me in these verses that I don’t need to originate anything; but simply to yield myself to Him to be that channel of what He initiates and carries through and to trust Him to do so through me. If there is no trust I start to separate, and being independent I won’t be able to do anything because without Him I am nothing. I believe that whenever I want to be the vine comes from fear of seeing something come through or being expectant for certain thing to happen, not trusting Him and trying to do it myself as if I could do better. His perfect love casts down all fear, and fear is a symptom of not abiding in Him. He says I can abide in His love if I keep His commandments and it makes sense: if I sin, I am being selfish and looking for myself (loving me and my flesh); but if I keep His will and commandments I correspond to His love. Also as a branch I must give fruit, not for me but to bless others and for His glory. What He puts in me, I must openly gift it; there should be a constant pouring in and pouring out. Otherwise I will get dry, that brings me to what Jesus said: giving is how you receive.

Application:

Give and share to my team what God has been planting in me.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19