Matthew 5:3

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

When it comes to poor and rich, it comes to my mind the condition of having somethings or not. In this world and what culture says, is that we: human beings must for the rest of our lives work hard and pursue happiness. Which is found in the accumulation of stuff like: cars, real estate, clothing, etc. The idea is over the more you have the more happy or complete someone will be. Although in this verses Jesus is saying something different, He states a total different idea. Those who are poor in spirit are blessed. When in the world we think that if we have everything we can we then are blessed. We can have all but possess nothing, all things are from God. He only gives things to us as gifts. As we learn more that having nothing is how we get to obtain things, surrendering will become easier. The scripture says that they are blessed because the kingdom of heaven is theirs.  We must know that real treasures are eternal and in heaven. Few years ago in my life I thought that I came to the earth to see my desires and dreams become true. Leaving behind what God thought about them or what He really had for my life. As some of those things weren’t in His will, I failed and had many deceptions. I was grabbing my life too tight, I didn’t want to surrender completely to Jesus because I was afraid. Fear was something that stopped me for a very long period of time. Until Jesus came to my life and I met who He really was, I was able to release it. Now I know that the only way to receive is by giving. If I hold to things my hands are full, therefore I won’t be able to grab what He has for me. The more I surrender my life, the more He can work. All that I have is because of His grace and love, but it is not of my possession. He only has me in stewardship of it. 

Application:

Surrender my time in monday(day off) to serve others.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19