Hebrews 12:3-11

This past few months have been of trial in my life. Coming to IGNITE was a changing point in my life. Life that had certain wrong aspects in my attitudes, they weren’t honoring God. Through the days I learned to surrender them and to live a life for Him. Still, I found myself weak in my mind and heart. It is surprising to fight a kind of similar battle this time. Battle that little by little started to take more and more of me. Thoughts wouldn’t stop coming to my mind. Even though I tried to take them captive to His obedience, they would come later. There is nothing more important in me than Christ, and there shouldn’t be anything that is fighting for the first place in my life. That place is only for Him, and pursuing to have that relationship with Him, motivated me to keep fighting the battle. There were times of victory and others of failing, myself was moving into a comfort zone. I thought about that it wasn’t sin, then I am not doing nothing wrong. Christ came back to my mind, and His words: if you would come to me, deny yourself and take up your cross daily then follow me. Still having those thoughts and desires was treasuring and demanding my life as my own. The desire for Jesus was greater and moved me to decide that He is the one my heart longs for. At a certain point in training, the situation changed and I believed that it was going to improve. But the change brought more trial, then I couldn’t with myself and kept asking Him why was this happening. Then He answered with this verses and told me: You are my son, and I love you; there are things I still need to do in you. When you thought you failed, I still give you more chastening so that I can give you victory and build you up. In that moment I felt a huge hug and love from Him. There is joy in the trial, and there is nothing better than to think that I am His son and that that’s the reason why this is happening. 

Application:

Clean my heart and mind every night. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19