Matthew 20:26-28

There is no greatness in the one who wants to be treated like the superior without doing anything. Who is constantly seeking being first, must have thought before on being the first one to serve. The one with  a willing heart and diligent hands is the one with a great heart. It is difficult to find people with those characteristics, but  when there is a call for pleasing benefits everyone lifts up their hands. Those who lift up their hands, will end working under the humble servants. Our perspective must be changed, we can never be the greatest, that place is already taken and it is of our Lord. Hearts tend to look for the spotlight, but don’t agree with the work that must be done for it. In our calling the spotlight and glory is for God, we are only His servants. 

Being sincere I have liked the benefits that being first brings. It makes me feel proud, happy, and it gives me recognition. I have strived this in school, races and even between friends. We would sometimes compete on who has the best car, the latest phone or computer, or who is wearing the nicest clothes. These things in themselves are not wrong, what it is wrong is the heart that they built in me. It becomes jealous and envious, which it just make my life ungrateful and unfulfilling. The constant seek for greatness in my life, drove me away from God and his will. I wasn’t serving Him, but to myself and my dreams. Now I want to serve God first and people after. I want to God please with my attitude and works through serving others.

Application:

Serve in classes and meals whoever needs something this week.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19