Luke 3:14

Just like the soldiers, several times I have asked myself if what I am doing is right, if I am pouring all the effort I can. It is easy in school because they give grades and report cards, in some way they help to draw conclusions. Every day in real life’s scenario is a test; were attitude, thoughts, and decisions will build the outcome. 

Sometimes we are drawn by earthly things or ambitions, we keep on asking: “what is the new trend?”, “what is the best car in the market now?”, etc. But how many times do we ask questions to improve ourselves? Ask where our heart is or in what are we pouring our hearts to.

What John answers to the soldiers relates perfect with what Jesus told us to do: love my neighbor as I do for myself. We often look ways to earn more by hurting people, because it is easier to take from other person than to work hard for it. 

Soldiers are used to receive commands and rules, they are good at obeying and following. We shall imitate them and follow Jesus’ command for us. If we are content with what is given to us now, our heart will start to be grateful. Gratefulness is a great part to have joy, with joy we can surrender more easily to God and work better. When God is first in our lives and when we are faithful with the little, God’ll start to trust in us greater things. 

Application:

Serve myself today’s meals no more than what I need. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19