Luke 17:7-10

This scene reflects the correct attitude of a servant. First says when the servant finishes comes back from his labor. Second, the servant doesn’t have to have an expectation to eat or drink anything; he looks first for his master. And third, the servant must not hear thank you but another command. 

It is part from our responsibility to come back, not only do our work and appear again after several days. Leave after having the job done is easier. The authority above us must be honored with our presence and respected by accomplishing our command. I have found several times serving and doing things other people have asked me to do; but as I finish them I think that there is no need to go back to them. Maybe I had that mindset because my heart thought of it as a chore or task not as a blessing to help someone. I want a heart that is so willing to serve and all that it wants is to please people, that it is going to make me be expectant to finish and go back to ask if there is something else I can help. 

Working drains the physical body, at some point it is going to need food and water. As servants our masters needs are greater than ours. The servant must be around and near to his master, but his hands must be available too. There have been hospital outreaches that I went with a tired body and a ming full of anxiety. As I started to share and pray with people there, I felt a difference in my mood, heart and mind. My needy body, quickly changed into a filled and giving body. Seeing someone else needs and fulfilling them, made me to stop seeing to myself selfishly and at the end be happy for the work done.

The phrase: “thank you” doesn’t qualify to us, as we do what we must have done. The desires of our masters are orders to us. Eyes that observe constantly to the wants of the master will make the servant very useful. I pray God to change my eyes, because I usually blind them towards the need. Also to constantly be looking after my authority if there is something I can help with. After serving my heart usually fills with ego, but I pray that God always reminds me that it is for his grace and love that I am able to serve.

Application:

Pray before servant time, to do it with a good heart.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19