1 Timothy 6:6-8

Why do we always try to obtain and gain more and more things?? It seems that in our lives we live for material things. Since we are little, grown ups draw a mindset in us of studying because someday we will need to be “successful”. Success that for many people is: nice cars, houses, have family, etc. And some believe it and start projecting themselves to build the means to reach this goals. One of this means people use is the gospel; although it is wrong gospel. They believe that Jesus came to this earth to: improve our condition, to makes us rich, to heal us, etc. The true gospel is: Jesus came to the earth to die in a cross to forgive our sin and be our way to God. It is true that God blesses us and wants us to have an abundantly life, but this is not His goal. Those things come after we seek His kingdom first. When we seek His kingdom first, we surrender everything denying ourselves to follow Him. We follow Him because we know that there is nothing we could ever do to pay his grace. Live a life for Him is at least what we can do. 

Knowing that when we die we don’t take anything releases us from anxiety and fear to need something to live. That also make us to have completely faith and trust in God. We know that He is going to take care of us and He does everything in His good, agradable, and perfect will. In the true religion we can be rich, rich of love and wisdom. 

For a period of time in my life I was only seeking God for the blessings and asking Him for things I wanted. Without living a surrendered and committed life to Him I expected the provision. I thought that my money offerings were enough for Him, but to offer my whole heart wasn’t. Now I have no greater peace knowing that what I want is a purposeful life with Him and that whatever He gives and makes is better than what I could have ever imagined or expected. 

Application:

Make a list of blessings in my life and pray with gratitude.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19