Luke 8:22-25

Jesus won’t invite, He will appear to us and say: “Come with me” (Matthew 4:19) or “Go”. It will be usually a command or an imperative action. To go with Him, means to go from point A to point B, from one status to another status, from sickness to health, from death to life. There is no doubt, that He will keep His promise: no matter what happens, He’ll be with us (and I will be with you till the end of the world). 

To walk, to go, to change, to speak and all of these things have a purpose and a timing in His perfect plan. He won’t invite us unless He knows we can make it through. In every situation and every circumstance, we have already been empowered (look for the verse). Therefore, we shall have no doubt that the spirit that lives in Him is in us; through Him nothing is impossible. 

The boat can refer to the acknowledgement of the gospel and faith, safeness with Jesus; the water around the boat can refer to the bunch of problems, sins and internal situations. The air/storms can refer to external difficulties. All of these are in our path. We have no promise that it is going to be easy, or that as we are christians difficulties won’t come our way. We need to know that as we could drown in the sea, we could drown with a glass of water. Although we should have never left the boat in first case; life ain’t easy but our faith needs to be in Him whom water and wind obey. He shall surprise us with his power and miracles at the end. 

For me I am in a boat right now, I received his call: “Come to ignite”. The most important decision of my life; it was wether finish my 3rd year of engineering or get to this unknown camp. The only thing I really knew is that continuing with my life I was going to end no where. I came here to encounter Jesus, find purpose and live for Him. 

Application:

Write 2 calls of Jesus that I have missed because of fear. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19