Philippians 3:8

All my life, before three months ago, I gave earthly things more value than God. It was based on my dreams and desires, without wanting His will in it. Looking to have God for my own purposes, instead of me living for Him. Living for my own sake took me to several failures and disappointments, for finally surrendering myself to Jesus. His love showed me that I had purpose and meaning in this earth, but it is only going to happen in His hands and ways, not in mine. 

I never had the habit of reading His word, and now reading it; has opened my eyes and been light to my path. Now I know who He really is, and this makes me want to know Him more and have a closer relationship. The scriptures confront my acts and thoughts, making me surrender my life every day. Before it was a burden to do that, now is a desire to give up myself for Him because I want to please Him and because I can’t in my own strength. 

His fire ignites my heart in a way that what I used to give importance, it has no value anymore. They used to be a wall between me and Him, but I don’t want to be away from Him again. Why should I want something that separates me from my Heavenly Father and creator?? It is true sometimes we just loose focus in our life because we always have flesh in ourselves but we shall remember that falling into sin and flesh will only disappoint and hurt us. I want to make my Father smile. 

Application:

List of 5 things that are trying or are actually separating me from God.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Hebrews 11:1

Luke 21:19